Thursday, November 6, 2008

LIBERAL ANXIETY... or, HOW I GOT THROUGH THE ELECTION

Our long national nightmare is over! Lord be praised! Our rogue state can rejoin the world. I can start talking to Republicans again (well, maybe) and maybe get to sleep before 2:30 a.m. (Also maybe).

For us serial obsessives, that means fewer long nights with Nate Silver's brilliant http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/ and more time looking at the Hermes scarves I can no longer afford (alas) or knitting blogs, my latest obsession.

I swear Nate Silver got me through the election. I must have checked that site ten times a day. Every night I'd say to myself, 'OK, I'll just have a quick look" and the next thing I knew it was 2 a.m. Whenever I got had a conversation with an anxious liberal - like, five times a day - I'd send them to fivethirtyeight.com. (Nate, you owe me!) Nah, not really - I owe you. You got me through the election.

No comments: