Thursday, November 6, 2008

ABOUT THOSE SCARVES


So it turns out being obsessive about Hermes scarves isn't such a bad thing.

My stock portfolio went south... way way south.... like Antarctica south.... but my Hermes scarves retain their value. Why buy a T-bill when you can wear your liquid assets around your neck?

When you stop working (I was 'bridged to retirement' but really, I just lost my job, and couldn't find another) what you end up doing is kind of 'cobbling together' a living. One of the ways I do this is by selling my Hermes scarves. They retain their value, even as the economy tanks. I was selling my scarves on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/) but ebay just put limits on the sale of some brand items. Apparently this is supposed to address the problem of fakes. I don't see how exactly the limits accomplish that, and queries to ebay bring only the canned responses about the 'buyer's experience.' (Huh?) So we scarf hunters are looking for other venues. A couple of new sites are looking to fill the void. Try http://www.what2wear411.com/

No comments: